Affiliatebanner7

Friday, April 27, 2012

Liebster Award.

The Liebster Award. I was so sure that I should be honored to receive this lovely award from Jen over at The Elka Almanac. I just wasn't sure why. So, like any good nerd, I Googled, and decided, I am in fact honored. Thanks, Jen!

So, for the rest of you wondering what the heck it is - here are the details on the Liebster Award:

The award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and deserve recognition. The rules are as follows:

  1. Thank your Liebster Blog award presenter(s) on your blog - DONE. Happily!
  2. Link back to the blogger (s) who awarded you - DONE. Happily!
  3. Give your top 5 picks for the award
  4. Inform your top 5 by leaving a comment on their blog
  5. Post the award on your blog
Without further ado, my 5 awards, in no particular order:

The World According to Garth Riley :  Written from Garth's point of view, this blog is adorable! Though I'm not sure how Garth would feel about being called adorable....check him out pretending to be a cow. (Bonus, Garth is also a Therapy Dog. How cool is that?!)

Jenny at Of Pit Bulls and Patience: Jenny is a dog trainer, living with Skye and Parker, and sharing her stories of the dogs she describes as her previously "wild, untrained mess of crazy" who has come a long way in the last year (Skye), and her "little velcro dog" a "big boss in a little, fluffy body" (Parker - who sounds a lot like Pablo). Check out her adventures, including some awesome training insights!



Akila, Patrick, Chewy and Abby over at The Road Unleashed: They share their stories as they travel the world. Particularly interesting, because Chad and I have discussed whether we'd consider taking a short-to-medium-term assignment abroad for my job, if the opportunity presented itself. Of course, the answer was "as long as the dogs can come." I love reading their stories!



Suzanne, The Wine{a}be, a Midwesterner living in Wine Country. A general-life blog, about her adventures in life, not particular to wine, it's just a great story to follow.  In particular, a recent dog-related post caught my eye - check out her embarrassed puppy (not embarrassING) Mason's recent trip to the groomer:

http://www.thewineabe.com/2012/04/runaway-dog.html  (For some reason, I can't get the photo to link. Trust me, it's a funny read! Poor guy...

Fig and the Wasp. Super photography on this food, fashion, and photography blog. Plus, she does feature some photos of her favorite dog, Scoob! She's got some excellent photos of Amsterdam, which happens to be one of my favorite places on earth...check out this beautiful pic of the Central Station. I stayed across the street when I was there, and saw this view every day.



NOTE: All photos above are copyright of the respective blogs, and link you back to those blogs. Check them out!

My favorite part of receiving this award? Reading the other blogs that Jen awarded - and finding myself some new blog reading material. Check out her recommendations on her Liebster Blog! post - definitely all worthy of the award, and great fun to read!

Have an excellent weekend! With any luck, I'll get some time to post this weekend about the craziness around our house, and possible upcoming appearance on Animal Planet, and Jones' potential new Forever Home! Cross your fingers and paws for him that everything goes well this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Blog awards are great...because now I get to read who you like as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE being called adorable!!! Thank you so much for the Liebster Blog Award! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog!

    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Anyway, I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the posts :)

      Delete